This is Ashley's first year in Girl Scouts - she is a Daisy and seems to enjoy it even though all the girls in her troop go to a different school. She is shy, but always excited to go and play more with the girls. This is also Mom's first year as a scout volunteer. Whereas Dad was an Eagle Scout and can therefore counsel Peyton on everything boy scouts, Mom has had no experience in this area. We are learning together and it's quite fun. I will say this - Girl Scouts got it together. All of their badges are super-strong-iron-on. Boy Scout badges do not stay on, even though they claim to be iron-on, and require sewing. Unfortunately, Peyton hasn't earned his sewing badge yet so that falls to Mom. Good thing I have Deana's hand-me-down machine or I'd never sew a stitch!
More cute girl scout daisy pictures to come...
P.S. Girl Scout cookies on sale until Thursday, January 28th!

2 comments:
Ashley you are so dang cute!!! Grandma & Pa wants to buys some cookies. wE'LL figure out what to do. We love you honey!!! XoXo
So fun! I want Mad to do girl scouts too but we have to wait until the fall because she is not in kindegarten yet. When the time comes I will need your advice, no one does girl scouts around here, and I remember LOVING it!
Post a Comment