Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas

Due to lack of time off (too much fun had during the summer) and winter driving conditions, we opted to stay in Boise over the entire Christmas break.  It was good for our family to spend time with just the four of us (not to minimize our love for the dogs and hamster, but you know what I mean).  We went to church on Christmas Eve, followed by a very traditional Christmas Eve meal at Tepanyaki Japanese Steak House.  By the time we got home the kids were dying to open presents!  I made them open the pajamas first.  Let's just say that Jeff was more excited for his new camper van (more on that later) than the family's matching jammies, but I got him to pose for this picture as long as we covered him up.




Jeff and I also give each of the kids a Christmas book to open and read on Christmas Eve.  It was so cute when they were little and we could snuggle and read with them.  These past few years, they politely say thank you and look for another present to open.  I have hope that in the years to come they will treasure those books!  I'm an optimist.  Ashley's book this year was the Spirit of Christmas and Peyton's was Christmas Magic.  Maybe they'll read them to their own kids some day.

The following pictures are for the grandparents--the kids loved opening their presents from you and holding them up for the camera.  Thank you for making sure the kids did not get bored during Christmas break!  Unfortunately, after remembering to take pictures for Grandmas and Grandpas, I neglected to take pictures of anything else.  Oops!  Peyton was really excited for his electric scooter from Mom & Dad and electric guitar (with amp!) from Santa.  Ashley was in awe with her new BIG girl bike from Mom & Dad and Barbie house from Santa.  She said to us, "Santa must not have seen me be bad!"




2 comments:

Grandma chewy said...

Thank You! Thank You! I loved seeing the kids and the family. How cute of a family do you have??? I miss you all so much. It sounds like you had a great Christmas though.I love the Matching Jammies! Hugs, Grandma

Bobbi said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas. Sometimes it's good to just be with your own little family. I'm glad you had fun. Give everyone a big hug for me!