Saturday, November 22, 2008

New Kids on the Block!

I've been waiting for my boys to return for 18 years and it was worth the wait! I was a pretty crazy 13-year-old girl in the summer of 1990 when all I could think about was Jonathan Knight and NKOTB--I became that girl again last weekend in Salt Lake City. My crazy mother-in-law, sisters-in-law, and neice joined me and our craziness level just multiplied. By the time I drove to Utah on Saturday Deana and the girls were in the midst of making one-of-a-kind t-shirts for all of us. I brought along my duffel bag filled with 18-year-old NKOTB memorabilia (no joke), including books, magazines, posters, shoelaces, water bottle, bracelet, earrings, pins (the BIG ones!), and my homemade scrapbook including important info on each "kid" (like favorite color and the kinds of girls they like). I told you I had been waiting for this!





I thought I had died and gone to heaven when those boys came on stage. They are more hot now than ever before (of course, I've gone through puberty since the last time I saw them so I'm sure that has something to do with it)! We had great seats, especially when they did a couple songs in a small stage in the middle of the arena--I had a close-up view of Jonathan and his delicious arms and delectable rear end. I don't think Erika (Justin's wife) quite understood the depth of my feelings for NKOTB, but I think she realizes it now. Brandi, eight months pregnant, was pretty crazy herself.


You can visit Erika's blog at justinanderika.blogspot.com and Brandi's blog at mattandbrandi.blogspot.com for more pictures and stories. My infamous butt picture is on their blogs as well...

1 comment:

Grandma chewy said...

Jen, You are the cutest thing! The concert was so much fun. I felt like I was in a time warp watching you. Truly you seemed like your 13 year old Jenny. It was so fun to watch. I loved the concert and more so being with my crazy girls just laughing and being excited. I Love You!!