I felt so good about myself when I ordered our Christmas Cards in October and put them in the mail the 2nd week of December. Except now I've referred everyone to this blog and it is embarrassingly not up-to-date! As evidenced, I keep myself busy--you'd think I'd be 50 lbs. lighter with all the running around I do. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened yet.
What HAS happened is that the kids have grown up too fast! Peyton will be 9 years old in February. He is in the 3rd grade at Washington Elementary School. He shares his birthday with the namesake of his school --- pretty coo! He keeps busy with soccer in the Fall, basketball in the Winter, and baseball in the Spring. There's also skiing in the Winter (which I think is his most favorite thing to do) and rafting in the Summer. He also keeps busy with Chess Club, guitar lessons, and Cub Scouts. Have I forgotten anything? Ashley is 5 1/2 years old and just lost her 1st tooth. She is in the afternoon Kindergarten and spends her mornings at the YMCA. She wants to be an artist when she grows up. Ashley also plays soccer and basketball like her big brother; in addition, she enjoys gymnastics and being a Daisy in Girl Scouts (call me if you want cookies). She is the tallest girl in her class and only about an inch away from passing up her brother.
Jeff and I are still bankers - the good ones, not the bad ones that President Obama talks about. Mostly, though, we're proud parents and happy to be enjoying life in Boise, Idaho. We welcome all of you to visit, in the winter for skiing or snowshoeing, or in the summer for rafting the Mighty Payette River (and many other gorgeous rivers).
Hope you enjoy the rest of our blog with a smile on your face! Love and hugs, Jen.
No comments:
Post a Comment