Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Exciting Things Are Happening in Kindergarten

Before Thanksgiving (I know, I'm behind - I'm trying to catch up before the end of the year so I can print out this blog!), Ashley's class had a special Thanksgiving lunch in their class.  This was a big deal for several reasons: (1) Kindergartners don't usually get to eat lunch at school, (2) the kids were asked to dress like pilgrims or indians, and (3) because everything is a big deal when you're 5/6 years old!

Ashley wanted to dress as a pilgrim, but didn't tell Mom until THAT morning, so this is what we came up with.



When Mom and Dad got to school, we noticed Ashley's non-pilgrim-like headdress.  Turns out she decided to be an indian when she found out their headpieces were more stylish than the pilgrims.



I still can't believe our Kindergarten teacher does all of this. There's a reason I'm not a Kindergarten teacher.

While we're on the subject of Kindergarten, Ashley got to perform in her first school program this winter!  In keeping with politically-correct public school criteria, she was a Wind Fairy in a production of The Share Bears.  What?  The moral of the story was "when you give, you receive" which is pretty universal.  The boys in her class were bees.  So cute!  I apologize for my novice videography, but the family cinematographer (Justin) lives in Iowa!
























1 comment:

Grandma chewy said...

Ashley, you are adorable. I miss you so much. I loved watching you sing, I know how much you love to. We sure do miss you. I can't wait to snuggle you. I miss your hugs. Thanks for sending us the pictures. You made a really cute pilgrim/Indian. I love you honey. Happy New Year!!