Thursday, December 16, 2010

Surprise!

My Boise girlfriends and I have been talking about going to Vegas together for years.  We finally decided we needed an occasion and many months pre-planning.  After looking at the calendar and realizing it was going to be Teri's 40th birthday, our minds were set!  Teri's husband offered to buy our hotel rooms so we just needed to arrange with our families and buy an airplane ticket.  Oh yeah, and keep it secret from Teri for like 4 months!!!

It was hard but so worth it!  On Thursday morning after dropping the kids off at school we told Teri we had an early present for her.  She opened the envelope and saw an airplane ticket--thinking it was like a gift certificate or something.  "We're going to Vegas!" we said.  "When?" she said.  "In 2 hours!"  Yep, she was surprised!  Her husband and Melissa had packed for her so she had a few minutes to throw in some additional items and it was off to the airport!

I still can't believe we pulled it off.  And I can't believe that a bunch of 30 and 40-year old moms can party so hard!




No comments: