This year is Ashley's Kindergarten experience! She goes to the YMCA in the morning and then rides the Y bus to school with Busdriver Jack and the other kids. Here she is on the bus and posing for a picture (yep, Mom had to ride the bus with her the first day--not for Ashley's sake but for Mom's sake).
Ashley is in Kindergarten class from 12:30 - 3:15 every day. Her teacher is Mrs. Hartman. It's Mrs. Hartman's 1st year at Washington so she is in the same boat as the kids, but she's taught Kindergarten in Boise for 14 years and comes with glowing recommendations. Ashley is very excited to be in her class. The class has about 15 boys and 5 girls (yes, Ashley IS the tallest) but Ashley's used to being around a lot of boys.
On the first day the kids all signed their names on a big poster and gathered around for circle time. Then, it was time for the parents to leave. Waah! OK, I didn't really cry, I was just so excited to see my baby in Kindergarten!
I'm able to work an early schedule at the bank and pick the kids up from school at 3:15 every day. I love watching them run around the playground at the end of the day, hearing about their time at school, unloading their backpacks, and going through homework folders and spelling words and library books. I'm a pretty lucky Mom.
2 comments:
Oh!!!I'm so proud of the kids! They both look so happy and grown up. It sounds like they are in for a great year. I hope they get their smarts from Grandma Chewy!! (Just Kiddin!) We loved seeing you in Lava. By the way Peyton I think of you every single time I get it my car. I take a good old breath and then think....I'm going to beat that grandson of mine!!! I love you and yes it still smells!! Have a great year in school. X0x0x0
Wow, I can't believe Ashley's in kindergaren. What a sweet boy that Peyton is, hugging his sister, and in public no less!
Post a Comment