Saturday, February 28, 2009

The 2009 Special Olympics World Winter Games in Boise, Idaho!


In February, Boise hosted the World Winter Games for the Special Olympics. Peyton's school was visited by Olympic athletes and the Olympic torch on its way to the Opening Ceremonies. They had an "Olympic Plaza" of sorts downtown and the kids, Jeff, and I visited to celebrate. Ashley loved all the mascots who came out for the events, and she didn't mind if she was the only one dancing to the live music. Peyton loved the games they had set up in Boise Center on the Grove. Jenny loved the free Coke (in designer bottles!), Jeff loved seeing everybody out and about downtown. Ashley got a chance to go on stage and help out the Singin' Cowboy, but we didn't get a picture--in fact, Mom and Peyton were inside playing the Wii so Dad was the only one to witness Ashley's first glimpse of fame.

Ashley dancing to the music with her Special Olympics blue and white scarf...

...and then I made her put her coat on.

Peyton playing Olympic video games...


...and floor hockey.

Posing with the mascots





3 comments:

Bobbi said...

Looks like you had a ball! I have always wanted to volunteer at the special olympics, wouldn't that be fun?

Rosies said...

that looks like so much fun. I can just see Ashley dancing away!! it made me smile!

Rosies said...

jen I just saw that you printed your blog, will you bring it with you when you visit in March. Are you visiting in march????