I did it. I read the books I told myself I wouldn't read. I told myself: "why read books from the juvenile section, especially ones written by a BYU graduate?" Really, though, I secretly wanted to read them all along; so when Sandy suggested we read "Twilight" for book club I was all for it. And then I had to read the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th books. And now I secretly wish Jeff were a vampire and he would change me to one and we could be beautiful and live forever. Ah, well. It's been fun--even though Joshooah thinks I'm crazy after NKOTB and now Twilight.
So for book club this month we went to see the movie. I have to say that Edward was all he was cracked up to be in the book. The special effects were not so great and detracted a bit from the story, but I still liked it and I'm still anticipating the next movie. And Melissa has me reading a whole new set of vampire books -- "Dead Until Dark" by Charlaine Harris and the rest of the "Dead..." books. These are a little bit juicier than Stephenie Meyer--you don't have to wait until book four for the two lead characters to "get together."
So here are pictures of me and the girls in book club. Do we know how to have a good time or what? I love all of you and thanks for the fun times!
Carolyn, Carrie, Jen
Katie (happy birthday), Teri, Melissa
3 comments:
Welcome to the club!!!
Okay! So I'm not in the club...I can't help it if I fall asleep everytime I read a line...
so are you a jacob fan or an edward?
Post a Comment