Sunday, September 28, 2008

Back to School

OK, OK, OK...so I haven't blogged for awhile. But it's Jeff's fault. He had this grand idea that when Peyton went back to school I should change my schedule so I could go in early and leave at 3:00 to pick up Peyty-Skate after school. Which means I now have to be at work at 7:00 am. I am NOT a morning person. It's been a month and I'm STILL NOT a morning person. I should be grateful that I have a husband who cares so much and was willing to change his schedule so he could drop the kids off at school and preschool in the mornings--and I am grateful. But this shift to the mornings is throwing me off a bit. So that's my excuse for not blogging in 5 weeks.

As far as 2nd grade goes, Peyton loves it. I like to think he gets his school-nerdiness from me. I loved school. I still like the idea of school, although I was more than ready to finish my master's degree. Peyton has to read for 20 minutes every night, has math homework on Mondays, and 10 spelling words every week. After talking to the other moms I realize that Peyton is pretty good at all of it and we're extremely lucky that he is.

Ashley is still at the Children's Village at the downtown YMCA. She is one of the older ones now and stands a full head taller than all the other kids. I am NOT kidding. She's only 3 inches shorter than Peyton--she is bigger than some of the girls in Peyton's 2nd grade class!

Did I mention I joined the PTA? I told you this morning thing is changing me...

1 comment:

Erika said...

PTA?! Wow, I'm impressed.